Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Totally Ladybug Tuesday Challenge #20

Hi everyone!  Today is Tuesday so that means it's time for another Totally Ladybug Tuesday Challenge.  Our lovely Gaelle selected the challenge this week and she is asking that we go monochromatic.  I really struggled with trying to create something using only one color family, so this was not an easy challenge for me.  But in the end, I think Nikki looks rather lovely, if I do say so myself lol!  


I used Winestool Nikki on my card.  I colored her with copics and colored pencils.  I used lots of Glamour Dust to make her dress and matching shoes sparkle.  I guess I thought she needed lots of glitter so she didn't look too drab with the beige/brown color combo.  I also added some sparkle to her glass.  I used my MS punch for the branches and my flowers were made using EK Success punhes.  I added some pearls to finish my card. 


Be sure to stop by the Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT Challenge Blog to check out the amazing work by the DT, and I hope you find time to play along in our challenge.  You can find all the wonderful LCI stamps, felt, ribbon, buttons, and more over in the shop

Thank you so much for stopping by today.

I would like to enter my card in these challenges:
Charisma Cardz Challenge 11  -  To 'Die' For
Cupcake Craft Challenge 134  -  Monochromatic
Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge 51  -  Anything Goes
Let's Ink It Up Challenge 11  -  Diecuts/Punches
My Sheri Crfts Challenge 49  -  Monochromatic

Stamp:  Ladybug Crafts Ink - Winestool Nikki
Paper:  Bo Bunny Double Dots; Bazzill
Other:  Copics, colored pencils, gamsol, Glamour Dust, MS branch punch, EK Success flower punches, Fiskars border punch, pearls

22 comments:

  1. what an elegant card Anita .. such gorgeous chocolatey colours .. and fab sparkle
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love these colours she looks fab and the card is just so elegant!! perfect Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds Anita!! I love the look of this card, the colours make it look so elegant and I LOVE her sparkle dress! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, wow!! Anita this is just gorgeous! I love her gold dress - gonna have to buy one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is gorgeous! Such a fun image and I just love all of the details you added, especially that sparkly dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool, chic and elegant. Great colour tones and love her sparkly top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fsbulous card Anita, cute image and lovely colour combo. Thanks for choosing me as a winner at LCI last week, I'm working my way through all the ladybugs to follow you all
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABULOUS layout; love the chocolate pearls and Nikki's dress is AMAZING; love the color and the glitter. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautifully elegant card Anita...I love the colours and those pearls are yummalicious. Winestool Nikki looks VERY posh lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply gorgeous, Anita, and so elegant! The image is fantastic, and I love the sparkle! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous and classy! Love that image! Thanks for popping by again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the glitter on her dress, it looks very elegant. And the border around the edge just finishes it off beautifully. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week ! Your card is so lovely ! Great image and choice of colours ! Love the glittery frock ! GOod luck !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun card and a gorgeous layout. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. super cute card! love those coffee colours - so warm and rich! the little poodle makes me giggle. :) thanks for sharing this fabulously girlie creation with the Charisma Gals! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, i love that stamp and the colours are fab! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Style or Attitude? No matter I love the stamp, your all over colour choices are beautiful, as are you embellishments. Hope to see you again at LIIU.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a very pretty card. Love the sepia tones and the flower embellies are so lovely.
    Thanks for playing at LIIU die cuts/punches challenge and good luck!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card! Very glam -and and the sparkly embellishments are gorgeous! Thanks for joining is for this week's Cupcake Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Anita, I love Nikki's dress (I so look like that when I breathe in ha ha ha!!)
    I love the chocolatey colours you've picked! Gorgeous. PS - it's lovely to be back with you all, I've missed you so much!
    PPS - Sorry I'm so late commenting, I've barely had a moment to myself recently! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink it Up...I love your die cuts!
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete