Monday, March 14, 2011

Pollycraft Monday

Hello peeps!  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  It was cold and very windy here but at least the sun was shining!  I had such a nice and relaxing weekend.  I spent the day Friday with a stamping friend and and we just talked and stamped.  Then we went out to a nice restaurant for lunch.  Then on Saturday my monthly painting group met and we had a carry-in for lunch.  So we talked and painted ... and ate.  Hmm, sounds like a weekend full of talking and eating, doesn't it?  Anyway, it was a nice weekend.

So, it's Monday ... and that means it's time for a new challenge over at the Pollycraft Challenge Blog.  The theme this week is teens.


I used Jerry Kisses - Drummer on my card.  Isn't he too cute?  Makes me think of my 5 year-old grandson.  Hubby and I bought him a drum set and he loves to play them.  Of course, we are smart grandparents ... we sent the drumset home with him to his house lol!  I'm sure our daughter really appreciates that.  Anyway, you can find him (the image, not my grandson) in the Pollycraft Shop


I used my copics and colored pencils to color him and his drums.   I used some Rock Candy Stickles on the star on his drums.  I wrapped some cappuccino twine around my card and tied it off with a button.  Since it's a card for a boy I didn't want to add a lot of embellishments.  Paula carries a whole line of Jerry Kisses images that are perfect for male  cards so you may want to stop by her shop and check them all out.  Be sure to stop by the Pollycraft Challenge Blog to check out the fabulous projects by the talented DT.  I hope you find time to play along in the challenge this week. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today.

I'm entering my card in these challenges:
CES Challenge 27  -  Men Only 
Crafty Pad Challenge 112  - Buttons
Incy Wincy Challenge 85  -  For the Boys
Little Miss Muffet Challenge 4  -  DP
Ooh La La Creations Challenge 75  -  It's a Man Thing
Simon Says Stamp  -  Anything Goes

Stamp:  Pollycraft - Jerry Kisses Drummer
Paper:  MME Stella and Rose; Bazzill
Other:  Copics, Caran d'Ache and Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Sakura Jelly Roll metallic pen, The Twinery twine - cappuccino, Clear Rock Candy Stickles, buttons

16 comments:

  1. Just love the image Anita and the colours are perfect!!

    What lovely Grandparents you are I bet they love you!!!! lol

    Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty work.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just brilliant Anita!! perfect teen card!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card, Anita! Love the layout and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool card Anita! It's so fun your both gdt for Simply Sassy and Pollycraft at the same time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cool card Anita!, Love the colours. It sounds like you had a great weekend, stamping and eating! Perfect! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's cute, I love this card Anita. Great boy colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Anita this is fab - just love the little drummer
    you could enter my card for a male challenge at Moving along with the times this week
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, fab choice of papers and image! Thanks for joining in the fun at CES...good luck! :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great male card, love that image and your colours are fab. Thanks for joining in our Male Card challenge at OLL this time. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome male card!! smart thinking to let your grandson take the drum set home with him; i bet he has a lot of fun playing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Anita, love the colours and papers and the little Jerry Kisses image is adorable - a perfect 'boy' card.

    So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, such a cool card! I am a big fan of Paula's images, and the Jerry Kisses range are great for the lads aren't they! Love the twine and button embellishments, perfect for a boy-card. So glad you shared it with us at THE CRAFTY PAD this week. Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab creation!

    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad @ http://thecraftypad.blogspot.com/ :)

    Maggie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card Anita and I love that image too! Thanks for joining us for the CES Challenge!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete