Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Some Hippie Love

Hello friends.  I have something new to share with you today.  Several weeks ago (or maybe months?)  I picked up a few notebooks at a local store so that I could alter them.  You know, take something fairly cheap ... and ugly ... and turn it into something pretty.  Well, I finally finished one!  And I have to say, I really like the way it turned out.



My image is Sugar Nellie's Simply Sassy Hippie Love.  Don't you just love that outfit?  I colored this sweetie with copics and colored pencils.  I added some StarDust stickles to her string of hearts and used a black glaze pen on the jacket buttons.  I added some flowers and ribbons to finish my notebook.  This notebook is for my niece and I know she's going to love this little hippie.  You can find Hippie Love and all the other adorable Simply Sassy images at Funky Kits



Thank you so much for stopping by.

I'm entering my notebook in these challenges:
Clear It Out!  -  Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion Challenge 47  -  Girly Girly
I Did It Creations  -  Punches or Dies
One Stop Craft Challenge Week 120  -  Spring Flowers
Paper Cupcakes Color Challenge  -  Yellows, Greens, Blues
Papertake Weekly  -  Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog  -  Oh So Girly

Stamp:  Sugar Nellie Simply Sassy Hippie Love
Paper:  My Mind's Eye; Bazzill
Other:  Copics, Caran d'Ache and Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, Black glaze pen, StarDust stickles, Glossy Accents, Joy Crafts flower die, ribbon

17 comments:

  1. Your notebook is fabulous.. i love the bright colours and the ribbons on the spine. Any girl young or old would love it( me being young lol)
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your notebook...she matches the pattern so cute:)...and love the sprakly hearts!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is fabulous, Anita! I should try one someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way it turned out, too! This is so colorful and cheery. It would make an outstanding gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant, I just love to think that under that gorgeous paper and image is a boaring old book! The papers are stunning love the red ribbon and flowers too. Fantastic job. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Anita! gorgeous image and beautifully coloured ~ your niece will be soooo pleased with it hun!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Anita, love the image, groovy papers and love the sweet little ribbons too :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Anita, love the colours and the image is so cool!, love the hearts she is holding! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, love how you have transformed your notebook! Fab image and I love the colours and the ribbons on the spines finished it off perfectly :-)

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is just so cute, love your coloring and how colorful it is.
    THanks for playing with Clear it OUT :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book cover is so adorable! I love the coloring and the glitter is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this! thanks for joining us at PCC this week, Good Luck
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great notebook, super image and bp. Thanks for sharing at Paper Cupcakes this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You'r re right! Its absolutely stunning! Love these altered notepad! Your fabulous colours and images are fab :D

    THanks so much for joining us at IDIC this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love this and those papers are fabulous, perfect for this image. Thanks for taking part in this weeks Sweet Stampin Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice :)

    Thank you for joining us at IDIC this week.

    Hugs Gurkiss

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea. Love the way you have designed the notebook and the bows on the side. Thanks for joining us this week at TMIA/PCC. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete