Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Little Love

Happy Thursday to all of you.  Since it's Thursday, that means we have a new challenge for you over on the Meljen's Designs Challenges and Inspiration Blog.  Our challenge this week is to use dots.  Now, how easy is that?


I decided to use Little Love Duck today.  I love the heart in his mouth and his big old boots ... he's so cute.  I used copics and colored pencils and added StarDust stickles to the heart and Glossy Accents to his beak.  I cut out Little Love Duck and popped him up on some cardstock that I embossed with my Swiss Dots embossing folder.  My heart border was made with my Martha Stewart punch.  I used one of the yo-yo flowers I made for my tutorial here.  My layout is a sketch from The Sweet Stop.


Here's the latest release from Meljen's Designs.  You can find all the Meljen's Designs images over at Whimsy Stamps.  Be sure to stop by the Meljen's Designs Challenges and Inspiration Blog to check out the fantastic cards made by the talented DT.  I hope you find the time to play along in our challenge this week.


I'm entering my card in these challenges:
Alota Ruber Stamps Challenge 55  -  St Patrick's Day
ABC Challenge  Q is for Quotes
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 41  -  Fabric
Creative Cottage Challenge 35  -  Spring Has Sprung
Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Challenge  -  Spring Has Sprung
The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge  -  Sketch

Thank you so much for stopping by today. 

Stamps:  Meljen's Designs - Little Love Duck; Hero Arts (sentiment)
Paper:  We R Memory Keepers; Bazzill
Other:  Copics, Caran d'Ache and Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, StarDust stickles, Glossy Accents, Swiss Dots embossing folder, Martha Stewart border punch, yo-yo flower

18 comments:

  1. Oh so cute Anita. What a sweet duck in his wellies! Your papers are lovely, very bright and spring like. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, how sweeeeeet! Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute, anita! i love it! the papers are so pretty and the colours are so bright and spring-like; yes, the sun was out today! i love your yo-yo flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh, fun and just ADORABLE!! Great card, Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita, this is so bright and cheery! It immediately brought a smile to my face. I love the fabric flower. I just saw a tutorial on how to make these and I hope to give it a try over the week end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Anita; I need those smiles; can you transport them to me? :D

    Great DP - love the polka dots and stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredibly cute card and such lovely spring colours! Thanks for joining in the fun at TCC this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous and fresh Anita, what a cute little ducky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card!

    Thank for participating in the Alota Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cutie!! Loving the colours and the papers are spot on!! Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for joining the fabric challenge at Crafty Cardmakers with this lovely bright creation.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the spring zing colours in your card and such an adoreable image too x
    Thanks for joining in with us at the creative cottage challenge blog x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, I love this cute card. It is lovely and bright. Your yo yo flower is a perfect finishing touch. Thank you for the link to the tutorial.

    Many thanks for joining in with our Fabric challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the prize draw

    Mandy (DT member for Crafty Cardmakers)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! I saw you were one of the top picks at the Creative Cottage challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! I just saw you won at Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete