Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bedtime Snuggles

Hello friends and happy Wednesday!  I have a new Simply Sassy card to share with you today.


This is Bedtime Snuggles, one of Sugar Nellie's newer Simply Sassy images.  Isn't she gorgeous?  I love her beautiful hair and those bunny slippers are just the cutest.  She was so much fun to color.  I used copics and colored pencils.  I added a touch of Glamour Dust to the heart on her hairbow.  I used my MFT die for the flowers and added a little pearl to each one.  I added some ribbon, a bow and a little charm with the moon and a star.  I always see the most beautiful flourishes on everyone's cards.  I had a really hard time trying to figure out how to use these flourishes but I guess they look OK.  Maybe practice makes perfect?  Thank you, Dolly, for loaning me your flourishes die.


I don't normally use a lot of orange in my cards.  But when I saw these new MME Stella and Rose papers at my LSS, Simply Scrapbooks, I fell in love with them ... and I bought quite a few of them.  So, you will probably be seeing more orange cards on my blog.  But hey, at least I'm not hoarding this paper lol!

I'm entering my card in these challenges:
Alphabet Challenge  -  Stripes
Anything Goes  -  Diecuts Challenge
Daring Cardmakers  -  Home Baked
Little Claire's Challenge 2  -  Flowers
Our Creative Corner  -  Fabulous Fabric
Papertake Weekly  -  Triple Tastic

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.

Stamp:  Sugar Nellie Simply Sassy - Bedtime Snuggles (can be purchased at Funky Kits)
Paper:  MME Stella and Rose; Bazzill
Other:  Copics, Caran d'Ache and Prismacolor pencils, gamsol, MFT scallop border die, MFT rolled flower die, Quickcutz flourishes die, Glamour Dust, pearls, ribbon, Glossy Accents, fleece, charm

19 comments:

  1. i love her face...you made it look so soft and pretty...love the texture of your card...soft little accents-- perfect for a snuggle/bedtime theme:)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is adorable, anita! those bunny slippers are the cutest and i love the fuzzy flowers. i felt the same way about the orange; it grows on you. :) the flourishes look awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely Anita! Love the little felt roses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so sweet Anita! and beautifully coloured too :o)

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! I adore those Simply Sassy ladies - your card is amazing and so is your colouring!!

    Hope you are having a lovely week honey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Anita - I love those little flowers you made and I like you almost never use orange - but this is just fabulous - can't wait to see what else you make with orange! I love your flourishes too! I think they look perfect - I struggle with them as well!!! Gorgeous
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Anita. I love the image and how you colored it.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable Anita, I love the image and the colours are fabulous. I agree with Mary your colouring is great. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, I love those flowers and papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Anita and such lovely colours!! I love these felt flowers I really must try these always love them on your designs!! Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card , Thank you for joining us at Little Claires. Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card and gorgeous flowers! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. pretty, I love the colours! Thanks for joining us at OCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful! I love the way you colored her. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your felt flowers, as well as the orange you incorporated into your card! Thanks for playing along this week at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute is she?! Really cute, I love your flowers, (I can never seem to get mine to look that good). Thanks for playing the Fabulous Fabric challenge at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is so cute and beautifully colored! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous coloursm the flowers and flourishes are perfect! Thanks for joining Anything Goes, K x

    ReplyDelete