Thursday, March 10, 2011

Simply Fabulous Darling

Hello friends.  I hope you've had a wonderful week.  Only one more day till the weekend ... yeah!  I have a couple of things to share with you today.  I have a new card to share and I also have a tutorial ... yes, a real tutorial Well, I never ever thought I'd be doing a tutorial.



I used Sugar Nellie's Simply Sassy Fabulous Darling on my card.  Isn't she gorgeous?  I colored her with copics and colored pencils.  I used Glamour Dust on her hairbow, earrings, and shoes.  Don't you just love those shoes?  What I wouldn't have given to have had a pair of those shoes back in the day (no, I'm not saying how many years ago that would have been)!  My butterflies are courtesy of Martha Stewart's punch and I added a little pearl to each one.  I also used Martha's lace heart border punch.  I stitched my papers and distressed them with Antique Linen ink.  The lace is from my stash.  The lovely yo-yo flower was made by me.  OK, I know, pick yourself up off the floor!


So, what and where is my tutorial, you ask?  Well my tutorial gives you instructions and pictures so you can make your own yo-yo flowers.  That's the name of this type of flower ... or at least it's the name I've always heard used for these flowers.  You can find my tutorial here.  And you can find all the Sugar Nellie stamps at Funky Kits.  



And here are some other yo-yo flowers I made.  As you can see, you can make them any color and size that you like.  And they're super easy to make so be sure to check out my tutorial

I'm entering my card in these challenges:
Allsorts Week 93  -  Card for Teenager
Clearly Inspired Challenge 23  -  Color Challenge
Cooking it up with Katie #52  -  Punch me Something Sweet & Sassy
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 41  -  Fabric
Crazy Challenge 57  -  Lovely Ladies
Delightful Challenges  -  Delightful Butterflies
Do You Stack Up DYSU#10  -  Layers
Ellephantastic Challenge 24  -  Cute with a Butterfly
Fab 'n Funky Challenge 63  -  Make it Girly
Incy Wincy Challenge 84  -  Pastel Colors
Little Claire's Challenge 2  -  Flowers
Little Miss Muffet Challenge 4  -  Designer Paper
Sentimental Sundays Challenge 45  -  Pearls and Lace
Simon Says Stamp  -  Anything Goes
Southern Girls Challenge  -  Use Flowers
The Stamping Boutique Challenge 1  -  Texture, Sparkle, Buttons

Stamp:  Sugar Nellie Simply Sassy - Fabulous Darling
Paper:  Melissa Frances
Other:  Copics, Caran d'Ache and Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, Nestabilities, Antique Linen ink pad, Martha Stewart punches, Glamour Dust, pearls, lace, fabric, buttons
   

28 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing such a fun and easy technique....that leaves you with the sweetest little embellishments ever! can't wait to try!!...and love all the glitter:)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita - OH YAY a tutorial!! LOVE it - thanks for sharing your yo yo flowers!! I love your sweet card colored to perfection!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card - so pretty and a fabulous tutorial
    Thank you
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a lovely design, Anita! I love the layout, and what fun embellishments. So glad you joined in over at the CIC :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that looks so easy thank you for sharing and I love your card. Great to see you at Southern Girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling card. Love your colors and all the gorgeous embellishments! Thanks for joining us at Delightful challenges for this week's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anita, you are so right, this little SN image is adorable!!! Where has she been hiding (or have I?)...LOL Thanks for sharing, a beautiful creation. Yes, 4-6 weeks is flippin' long, by the time we get the 'new' stamps, they are almost 'old hat'...LOL hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely image and I love your colouring! So pretty! Thanks for joining us over at Ellephantastic this month. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving this design the image is so beautiful and what a great tutorial!! Thanks for sharing Chanelle xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. STUNNING! I adore your card Anita! That flower is brilliant - off to see the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Supercool image, love the colors! Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anita
    A gorgeous card and i love your tutorial on how to make these flower's,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card! Fab Yo-Yo flower - thank you so much for the tutorial, I'll have to try it :)
    Thank you so much for joining us at Little Claire's Designs x

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a sweetie, gorgeous card Anita, lovely pastels colours too
    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tutorial; love the card and that sparkle is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card sweetie and need to go get some fabric so I can try your tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Anita another comment by me, didn't notice you entered the TSB challenge as well, well it's great to see you the TSB challenge too,
    hugs
    Miranda
    TSB DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. sweet card & pretty colours. Loving the yo yo flowers. Thank you for sharing it with us & good luck hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. just gorgeous, anita! i LOVE the paper you used and all of your embellishments, including your yo-yo flower; great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty, love the sparkle accents. The soft colored papers are so pretty. I like that yoyo too. Thanks for taking the time to join in our LAYERS challenge at DYSU this week. Do come back!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Anita, Love the fab flower embellie. Thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab card love the image and your flower thanks for joing us at Incy Wincy
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful card. I just love that image!! And of course love all the sparkle going on! Thanks for joining us at TSB for our first challenge...be back on Tues. to join our next one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful soft colour scheme on your wonderful card.

    Thanks for joining in with our fabric challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG what a super funky card ! Lovin those glittery shoes !
    Thanks for joining in with us at cooking it up with Katie this week x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dropping by and making my rounds at all the wonderful creations! Thanks for playing along in "Designer Paper" challenge over at Little Miss Muffet Challenges. :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so pretty! I love all your flowers and I love that image!
    Thanks for sharing your talent at Southern Girls.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete