Monday, January 11, 2016

The Challenge #56 - Colors

( ** Please scroll down for the SugarPea Designs Blog Hop ** )


I hope you had an enjoyable weekend!  This is actually my second post today and I'm sharing a card I made for our new challenge over at Always Playing With Paper's The Challenge





Our challenge this week is a color challenge.  I used the cute penguin from the Bundled Up stamp set by Sunny Studio Stamps to make a thank you card.  This is an adorable stamp and I love all the little accessories that you can use on the penguin.  I colored the images with copics and then used the coordinating die set to cut them out.  I used the Stitched Rectangle Die Set from Your Next Stamp and the sentiment flag is from My Favorite Things.  I used Glossy Accents on the penguin's beak and feet and then added a few enamel dots to finish my card. 

Copics used:
Penguin - C5, C3, C1
Blue - BG09, BG05, BG01, B000
Orange - Y38, Y18, Y15, Y11

Be sure to stop by The Challenge to see the gorgeous projects by the rest of the DT!  I hope you find some time to play along with us! 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful week!


Hugs, Anita

Stamp:  Sunny Studio Stamps - Bundled Up
Paper:  Echo Park - Little Man; Neenah
Other:  Copics, Sunny Snippets Dies - Bundled Up, Your Next Stamp - Stitched Rectangle Dies, MFT - Fishtail Flags Layers Dies, Glossy Accents, enamel dots



12 comments:

  1. So perfect for the challenge, love the colors and sweet penquin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet penquin and a lovely colour combo just perfect. Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little fella!!! Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling card Anita, I love your adorable little penguin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again, Anita. I realize I wrote your name as Amy on the Sugar Pea Release Hop page. Please accept my apologies. My mind isn't as sharp as it used to be! LOL I have been viewing a lot of new crafters lately and many blogs. I basically taught myself how to make cards by watching YouTube and following 3 - 4 paper crafters online. With the advent of periscope my crafting world has doubled in the past few months. Anyway, I digress. I want to check out this challenge. I like your interpretation of the challenge... your use of pattern paper AND that stamp! I have two sets from Sunny Studio and love them both! Thanks! JJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Anita, such sweet image and colors, the hat is soooooo much fun! I'll be so much fun to color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable...love your sweet penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet! What a darling little penguin, and I love those mittens and fun hat. That patterned paper is just the right choice for your card! It's just wonderful. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. The penguin is so adorable all bundled up and your coloring is fabulous! Love every detail on this card, just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little penguin is just too too cute, Anita! Love his hat! The background packs a nice punch too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just too cute! Love how you colored the adorable penguin image.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO late to the party this week! Love your adorable card and the way you used the colours, Anita! Simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete