Sunday, October 22, 2023

Wishing You Joy

Happy Sunday crafty friends!  I have a Christmas card to share today featuring some dies by Spellbinders Paper Arts.

This gingerbread couple is from the Dancin' Gingerbread Etched Dies set.  I've kept seeing these adorable gingerbreads on Instagram and decided I needed to add them to my stash.  Playing with them reminds me of playing with paper dolls when I was a kid!  I diecut a scalloped rectangle and inked it with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink.  I spattered it with thinned white gouache and then spattered it with Liquid Stardust by Lawn Fawn.  I diecut all the shapes from kraft, white, pink, and red cardstock.  I inked the edges of the gingerbread and then attached the diecut shapes to create their frosting and outfits!  I added a highlight to their eyes and polka dots to the boy's hat and scarf with a white gel pen.  The sentiment on the card is from the Santa's Sippin' Sayings clear stamp set.  I attached the images with foam tape and added a tiny little red diecut heart.  I applied Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the heart and the buttons on the girl's dress.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a beautiful day!

Hugs, Anita   

1 comment:

  1. SO, SO, SO CUTE!!! I love these little gingerbread peeps, adorable card, Anita!

    ReplyDelete