Sunday, May 3, 2020

Hello Friend

Good morning friends!  Today I'm sharing a card using a stamp set designed by Tracey Hey.


With our current situation we probably need lots of cards to send to our friends these days, right?  I picked up this cute Hampton Art Rhino Rascals stamp set from Simon Says Stamp.  I think these little rhinos are adorable and perfect to use for all-occasion cards.  I stamped the images on Neenah cardstock, ran them through my ScanNCut, and colored them with copics.  I used Spun Sugar Distress Oxide Ink and the Newtons Nook Gingham stencil to sponge some ink onto the base of my card.  I stamped a sentiment from the Hello Bluebird McGregor's Garden.  I diecut the scalloped frame using the Hello Bluebird Gallery Frame 2 and adhered it to my card using foam tape.  I adhered the rhino and hearts with foam tape and added white highlights to the rhino cheeks with a gel pen.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Stay healthy and safe!

Hugs, Anita    

I would like to enter my card in the following challenge:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  -  Anything Goes  

4 comments:

  1. I'm in love with this project! The rhino, scalloped edges and pink gingham are adorable. I'm trying to figure out how you colored the background with that stencil - I can see you rotated it 90 degrees. Then did you color the squares separate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara, I'm so happy you like it. I placed the stencil on my cardstock and lightly sponged the ink. Then I flipped the stencil over so that the "front" of the stencil was now facing down on my cardstock, and I moved the stencil down one row (I hope this makes sense?) then sponged a little more ink over it. I can't take credit for coming up with this idea though. I saw it on a card someone created. I'll try to remember where I saw it and if her directions explain it better I'll let you know where you can go to see it. Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Cool, thanks! Yes that make sense now. :D

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is sooooo sweet! I love the background. I think I need to go and buy this stencil. Fab work! Xx

    ReplyDelete