Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Dear Friend

** Click here to see my birthday blog candy **

Happy Wednesday friends.  I hope you're having a wonderful week.  Like many areas of the states, we're having some really high temperatures.  Our forecast for the next week or so is 90 to 95 degrees ... ugh!  Now, I don't really like cold weather but 90+ is a little too warm lol!  I know, I know, in January I'll be wishing for these warm days, right?  Anyway, on to my card.


This is totally not my normal style of card ... I mean, there's no coloring involved.  But sometimes it's nice to have some cards like this in your stash for those last-minute things that pop up.  I used the Floral Haven Sentiments by Raindrop Echo Designs.  You can find this set over at the Whimsy Stamps store.  I used my nestabilities to cut out the sentiment.  The papers are by The Girls Paperie ... I'm so in love with these papers and you are probably getting tired of seeing them on my cards, huh?  I wrapped some PTI button twine around my card and tied it into a bow.  I added a few flowers, punched greenery, and pearls to finish my card.  

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I would like to enter my card in these challenges:
One Stitch at a Time Challenge 71  -  Flowers
Victorine Originals Challenge 13  -  Bling
   
Digital Stamp:  Raindrop Echo Designs - Floral Haven (Whimsy Stamps)
Paper:  The Girls' Paperie; Bazzill
Other:  Nestabilities, flowers, MS punch, PTI button twine, pearls

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, so sweet and so elegant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning card l would love this if l was your friend! love the background papers and the sentiment:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. So elegant Anita....and please send us some sun...lol..!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will swap you the 90 degrees with the rain we have in London! Your card is wonderful, its nice to do something different sometimes! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its like winter here lol! but i couldn't cope with 90 degrees - a comfortable 70 would do me lol.
    I love this Anita .. it may be different but just as pretty
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is not your normal style, anita, but it's very pretty! i love the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card you've made! Love the clean and crisp look!!!
    Hugs & Kisses, Marit.
    ..:: xXx ::..

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet and elegant! I love the papers and your focus on the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful friend card! Lucky friend! Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week, hope to see you again soon! Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy if you would like to enter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty! Thanks for joining the VO challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute card, thanks for playing with us this week at OSAAT for our “Flowers” Challenge.

    Good luck with the draw, we hope to see you play along with us in August for our “Pretty in Print” contest. I have some yummy candy to Celebrate too.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete