Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Totally Ladybug Tuesday - Pink Plus One

Do you know what day it is?  It's TLT - Totally Ladybug Tuesday and the Ladybug Crafts Ink DT had a challenge among ourselves.  Kerry, Head Ladybug, chose the challenge for us this week and she chose "pink plus one".  Yes, other than our image, we were only allowed pink plus one other color.  Now I love pink, especially on my cards, so I was really happy when I heard what the challenge was this week.  But after I had my image done and was getting ready to make my card, I had a heck of a time using pink and only one other color.  I guess that's why they call it a "challenge" - huh?  Anyway, here's my card


I used Bathtub Nikki and colored that gorgeous girl and her sweet little dog, Buttercup, with my prismacolor pencils and gamsol.  I added lots of glitter to the soapsuds.  Looks like even Buttercup is going to be smelling pretty by the time Nikki gets done!  I used my Nestabilities to cut out the image and mats.  I used a Martha Stewart around-the-page punch on my pink bazzill paper.  I made my flower from a little piece of fabric and added a couple of buttons and floss, and added some pearls to the corners.  My handmade flower actually matches my cardstock much better IRL than it does in this picture.



Want to see what the other Lovely Ladybugs created?  Be sure you check out their blogs to see all their pretty pink projects.  Wow, try saying that real fast 3 times!

                                                               Kerry
                                                               Lisa
                                                               Gaelle                
                                                               Hayley
                                                               Mary J
                                                               Michele
                                                               Pinky
                                                               Sue
                                                              Tams

Now, if you played in the Ladybug Crafts Ink 1st Blog Hop, you'll want to scoot over to  Kerry's blog to see if you were one of the lucky winners.  Good luck and thanks for stopping by!



I'm entering my card in these challenges:
Alota Rubber Stamps  -  DIY Flower Challenge 43
Aly's Sunday Sketch ASC25  -  Sparkle & Glitter
Ellephantastic Challenge 12  -  Handmade Flower
For Fun Challenges  Glitter, Glitter, Glitter
Glitterbabe's Challenge 12  -  Anything Goes
Keep It Simple  -  Bling It
Scrappy Frogs Challenge  -  Flower Power


Stamps:  Ladybug Crafts Ink Bathtub Nikki, Sentiment (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  Bazzill
Other:  Prismacolor pencils, gamsol, Nestabilities, MS punch, glitter, fabric, buttons, floss, pearls

33 comments:

  1. Wow, great card, love the image and I *need* more border punches!! Love the flower too, so cute!! Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flower is perfect Anita...you're too clever lol. Bathtub Nikki looks well and truly flushed in her pink bathtub...love it!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is absolutely beautiful!!! even if it is pink! lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All this fabulous pink today is wonderful! She is gorgeous!! Pamix

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita I love bath tub nikki, she is ONE of my favourites, prisma pencils are the best, another favourite, I am scooting off to make some fabric flowers,so inspirational Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautifully pretty card Anita . Nikki looks to be having a real pampering time there .. as well as buttercup lol
    Love the punched border
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cute, Anita!! I love that pale pink color scheme. The punched frame you made is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I just love it! The border punch is by far one of my favorites (don't own it, but love it)! Nikki looks all relaxed and pampered - I wanna trade places! :D

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anita, what a beautiful card! :D

    Your colouring is perfect and I love what you've done with the fabric flower and the border bunch. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, how sweet! Beautiful coloring! Love how you did the bubbles! Awesome job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at For Fun Challenges! Hope you'll be joining us for the next challenge!

    ~Hugs~Kym

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab shade of pink! Really brilliant and I love that matting! I must buy those punches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card and perfect for our challenge! Thanks so much for sharing with us at For Fun Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Anita!!! I love the handmade flower, it goes perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card, love the image and the border punch looks fab. Great handmade flower too :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty pink card, perfect for our Bling It challenge at KIS, I love your blingy soapy bubbles! Caz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute card and image. Great take on the challenge this week. Thanks so much for joining us at For Fun this week. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tiny bubbles in the bath . . . lovely card Anita! Roni :O) xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love pink! i love that punch! i'm loving that image and i absolutely LOVE the card!

    thank you so much for joining us at glitterbabe's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your coloring!! Thanks so much for joining the Alota Rubber Stamps challenge this time around!!
    Hugs~
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  20. So fabulously girly - love the soft colours and that cute fabric flower!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card, very pink! Love it!! Fabby flower too, thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  22. fabby girly pink card! I love the punch around the page layer too.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  23. How gorgeously pink and fun is this card! I love it :o)

    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous!! Love those sparkly bubbles!! Thanks for including KIS in your challenge this week! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. love all the pink, punched border and pearls. great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the image on this one, great colouring

    Thanks for joining us at Keep it Simple

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  27. very cute card, love your fabric flower, thanks for joining us this week for the Ellephantastic challenge!
    hugs
    Michelle
    Elle DT
    x

    ReplyDelete
  28. so girly and pretty,
    Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic this week, hope to see you again next week
    Hugs
    Angie
    Ellephantastic DT

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super card and I love that image. Thanks for joining us this week at KIS hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great card!! The border is just so perfect with the image - like it is surrounded by bubbles. Love how you did the ribbon/button.

    ReplyDelete
  31. So pretty, love that fabric flower and sparkly bubbles. I apologize for not visiting lately, but I've had some family stuff going on. I'm trying to catch up now.

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete