Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Friend Touches Your Heart

I love this sentiment.  I've had it for ages and it's one of my favorites.  And it's so true, isn't it?  Friends truly do touch your heart.  I think that's why I love this sentiment so much. 



Denami Designs Rubber Stamps is having a color challenge and I wanted to enter.  Unfortunately, my Denami stamps are for special occasions -- like Christmas and Halloween.  Since their color challenge is white, black and magenta, I didn't think my Denami stamps would work very well.  So I decided to use this sentiment and make it the focal point of my card.  

I used my embossing folder to give the white background some texture.  I used my Nestabilities to cut out my sentiment layers.  I added some ribbon and a bow.  Then I punched out my flowers and added a little pearl to the center.  Easy peasy, huh?  Since this was such a simple card, I decided to dress up the inside of it, too.


Thanks for stopping by!

I'm entering my card in these challenges:
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #29  -  Clean and Simple
Denami Design Color Challenge #4  -  White, Black, and Magenta
Lexi's Creations Challenge #22  -  Flower Power
Paper Romance Challenge #15  -  Clean and Simple
Pixie Dust Studio Challenge #39  -  In Between The Newsprint
Totally Gorjuss Challenge #47  -  Flower
Totally Papercrafts Challenge #33  -  Let's Go Dotty

Stamp:  Verses Rubber Stamp
Paper:  Bazzill
Other:  Nestabilities, embossing folder, ribbon, flower punches, pearl
 

20 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sentiment! Love the elegant simplicity of this card Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sentiment. Great use of the colors on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very pretty! I love the way you used the colors and that sentiment is truly lovely! Glad you joined us at the DeNami Design challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! Love the embossed background, the sentiment, and the gingham ribbon! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Anita...the sentiment is perfect :-D Clean and Simple is a nice change though sometimes it's hard not to throw everything but the kitchen sink on it lol. Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really elegant card Anita - i love the gingham ribbon and flower and the sentiment of course is perfect
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm love'n the black and white with the hot pink, my fav colors! Also like how you embossed the card! We are so glad to have you join us at Pixie Dust Studio. Be sure to join us each week for a new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the colour and the fabulous bow! Lovely. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colors, Anita!! And what a really fun ribbon. I love the clean layout, too. Looks so simple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely stunning, Anita! I love the clean and simple design! We are so happy that you were able to join us in the DeNami Color Challenge- we hope you can join us on the 20th for our SKETCH challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Anita! Love the sentiment and the embossed white pp/cs is fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. a stunning card! I love the red,white, and black.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very pretty and a perfect clean and simple card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a lovely sentiment and I love how you made it the focus of the card. Perfect colour combo and the bloom in the centre of the bow looks really pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats on your DeNami Fab 3 win!! your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a really pretty card! We're looking for talented papercrafters like you to join us by entering exciting challenges at Papercraft Star. All the challenges are posted way in advance to give everyone a chance to get their project ready. The public and participants can vote for their favorite projects (that win People's Choice Awards) and we also feature fantastic give-aways from our sponsors. We hope you'll come over and join us today at http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com We're right in the middle of a $25.00 gift certificate give away just for becoming a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anita this is absolutely stunning. Used that sentiment myself tonight, its a definite winner.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card, so elegant :)

    Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations & Good Luck!

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a simply sweet card, I love the ribbon, thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations, we hope to see you back again for our new challenge on Monday!

    ReplyDelete