Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Belles 'n Whistles Tania

Hello!  I hope you've had a great day.  I needed to make a card for my LSS using this Belles 'n Whistles image, Tania Baking, so I decided to use this sketch over at the Belles 'n Whistles Challenge Blog so I could enter my card in their challenge.  Isn't she a cutie patootie?  Reminds me of my daughter when she was little and had long blonde hair.




I colored my image with my Prismacolor pencils and gamsol and distressed the edges of the papers with ink.  I do not do distressing, so this is not something you'll see on my blog very often.  But I thought the soft colors on this card just needed a little something extra, so I decided to distress.  Now, I know, it's very subtle, but that's a big move for me lol!  I added some sheer ribbon and a bow and punched out some flowers and branches.  I used some pearls in my flowers.  For the ticket sentiment, I used Whimsey Sentiments Collection and my Tim Holtz die cut.  I used Gossamer papers by Memory Box.  I love these papers.  The colors are so soft and muted.



I also want to share some news about a sale Kerry is having over at Ladybug Crafts Ink.  If you use the code CB2010 you can save 15% off your total order.  Now, how's that for a great sale?  This offer is good through the end of November, so make sure you scoot over and check out her fantastic selection of stamps.   

Thanks for stopping by!

I'm entering my card in these challenges:

Belles 'n Whistles  -  Sketch
Crazy4Challenges C4C56  -  Bling
Creative Card Crew  -  Bloomin Marvelous
Creative Cottage Challenge #24  -  Bling It On
Incy Wincy Challenge #61  -  Anything Goes
Little Red Wagon Challenge #48  -  Make Your Own Embellishments
One Stitch at a Time #32  -  Anything Goes
Paper Romance #17  -  Handmade Flowers
Sisterhood of Crafters  -  Embellish It
The Shabby Tea Room Week #29  -  Pearls and Pastels
Your Next Stamp Challenge #26  -  Grow Your Own (Flowers)

Stamps:  Belles 'n Whistles - Tania Baking; Whimsey Sentiments Collection - sentiment
Paper:  Memory Box - Gossamer
Other:  Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Sizzix Tim Holtz Ticket Strip die cut, flower punches, MS punch, stickles, glaze pen, ribbon, pearls

23 comments:

  1. What a precious image and I {heart} that sweet little ticket tag! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon:)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sweet, Anita!! I just love your coloring and soft pastels on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty - the delicate flowers and satiny bow are perfect! Great coloring of the sweet image too! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just having a practise eh lol.. the distressing is great and still a soft and pretty card
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. just adorable! i LOVE the papers, so pretty, and the soft feel of this card. you did a great job on the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card; love your coloring LOVE how you stamped on the ticket - such cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Anita this is so precious!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood! Hope you'll join us again next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty pastel colored card--your choice of pp is perfect for your colored image. Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Your card is so beautiful! You're right about the papers, they are gorgeous! Beautiful colors and coloring! Thanks for joining the Belles N Whistles Challenge! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so beeeeuuutiiiful! I love the softness to this card and your paper flowers are fantastic! Thanks for playing along with YNS Make your own flowers challenge and have an absolutely inky weekend! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutetly beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty card! Such delicate shades!
    Thanks so much for joining us at the Creative Card Crew this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous soft colours. Thankyou for joining in the OSAAT challenge this week.
    Luv Brenda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the soft, dreamy fee of this card - and of course your fab colouring!!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful card, thanks for joining in this weeks Incy Wincy Challenge.
    Hugs Shelleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful card, love the soft colours. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet little image and your coloring is super! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. She's so sweet, this is beautiful Anita! Love the sentiment tag!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!! Just WOW! Awesome layout and design. I love that paper and your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  21. GOrgeous card Anita!! I love the pretty papers, gorgeous colors and adorable image! Beautiful interpretation of the sketch ~ thanks so much for playing along with us!
    :)kathy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous hun! Loving the soft feel to the card.
    Thanks for sharing at The Creative Cottage this week.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete