Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Totally Ladybug Tuesday

Happy Tuesday everyone!  We have a new challenge for you over at the Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT Challenge Blog.  Our lovely Tams chose the challenge this week and she's asking all of us to make cards inspired by a song.  For some reason, I was really having a difficult time with this one...until I picked up my new Expecting Nikki stamp.  And then I remembered a song by Alison Krauss titled Baby Mine.  I think Alison has such a beautiful voice and I love this song.  You can listen to it here.


I used my copics and prismacolor pencils to color this image and then gave Nikki some tiny pearl earrings.  I added a little touch of Stardust Stickles to her purse and shoes but it's hard to see in this picture.  I punched out some greenery with my Martha Stewart branch punch.  I used my flower punches and added a little white pearl in the center of each of the flowers.  I tied my sentiment with some embroidery floss.  Wow, what a beautiful and stylish mom-to-be!


OK, now to the part I'm sure you've all been waiting for...the winners of the Challenge Blog Hop last week.  The winner of my blog candy is Amanda R ... congratulations!  Amanda, please check in over at the Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT Challenge Blog to find out how to claim your prize.  And for the rest of you that played along last week, please check out the blog to see if you were a winner too!  While you're there, be sure to take a look at all the gorgeous cards created by the lovely DT this week. 

Thanks for stopping by.  I will be posting more cards throughout the holidays so if you have the time, please stop back by.
 
I'm entering my card in these challenges:
Allsorts Week 83  -  Free and Easy Anything Goes
Alota Rubber Stamps Challenge 49  -  Bling It On
Craft Your Days Away Challenge 10  -  Punch It Out
Crafty Sentiments Challenge  -  Anything Goes
I Did It Challenge 34  -  Anything Goes
Just Us Girls Challenge 64  -  Color Challenge
Lexi's Creations Challenge 29  -  Glitter and Pearls
Little Paper Shop  -  Let's Get a Little Square
One Stitch at a Time Challenge 43  -  Anything Goes
Pattie's Creations Challenge 9  -  Punch/Punches
Sentimental Sundays Challenge 34  -  Inspired by a Song
Stamp Something  -  Something with a Tag or Pocket
Stamps R Us Challenge 11  -  Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin Challenge  -  Celebrations

Stamp:  Ladybug Craft Ink  -  Expecting Nikki;  PTI  -  Mixed Messages (sentiment)
Paper:  SEI Chick-A-Doo
Other:  Copics, Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, Stardust Stickles, Stardust pen, Glaze pen, Nestabilities, MS lace heart punch, MS branch punch, flower punches, white pearls, MS tag punch, embroidery floss

31 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous spring colours Anita - perfect for this card .. i must goggle this song - beautiful colouring as always
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful card. Love the sweet colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect for any mom to be Anita. I love the bright, fresh colours you used. The song is beautiful and Alison's voice stunning...just like your card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colours and your colouring, I'm off to make my first card using that stamp later today

    Hope you and the rest of the ladybugs have a fab Christmas

    Hel xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! i love the colours, your colouring, the tiny pearls and the papers. wow, anita, how you tie those tiny bows is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT card; love the color combo. And yep; I love Alison's voice, it's very unique! Great job; your coloring and shading is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her voice too! Love this, colors are so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anita - Another pretty creation from you. I love the border punch, well done!
    Happy Holidays!
    Thanks for playing in our challenge!
    ☺ Sandi
    DT Lead Team 1 for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah this is super, Love it, Thanks for playing along at OSAAT this week Hope you have a great Christmas Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. great card, love the soft colors! have a Merry Christmas and Wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love that colour combo, Anita!! That layout is brilliant too, as is your colouring!

    Thx for the tip - I am going to try my Versafine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How gorgeous is this card Anita, I love your choice of song and image:) HAPPY CHRISTMAS to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fab card!!! great image. Thanks for sharing with us at CYDA.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just wonderful Anita, very elegant looking and the colours are so fresh and work so well together. Love it. Have a lovely Christmas. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Anita! Fab card! Love those colors!

    You are also one of the 8 people I chose to win an award! Go to my blog for the rules!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute card! Love the image too, Thanks for joining us this week at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
    hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there

    I am thrilled you have joined in my "Free and Easy" theme at Allsorts this fortnight and confess to being astounded by the huge response.

    I usually like to visit every entry and say a few words about their creations, but the sheer volume so far along with the Christmas preparations we all have to juggle means this is a "copied and pasted" message, for which I apologise.

    Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and wonderful holiday time

    B x

    Have you entered my candy

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was you!! who made me buy those papers LOL I accused Sue and Mary!! ... oops!! Beautiful card, so special and what a great card it would be to recieve!! Love everything about it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. The lovely soft background colours really make the image stand out! Gorgeous creation.

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOw I love this - so cute for an expectant mom. Love your take on the color palette this week. Thanks SO much for taking time out of your busy schedule at this time of year to play along with Just Us Girls. May your holidays be filled with love, laughter, hugs and smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful Anita! Love the colours you've chosen, lovely and fresh and Spring like! I also love the heart punch, I don't know why but it reminds me of the instant love I felt for my baby when I found out I was expecting
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing along with Sentimental Sundays this week! Merry Christmas! Hugz Sal x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for joining us at IDIC this week and sharing your great creation. Sorry this is the same message I am leaving on all entries now as I am running out of time so close to Christmas! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cute card for a mom-to-be!!! Love the coloring job! Fabulous use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful coloring. I especilly love the little tag - to cute. Thanks for joining Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.
    LindaS, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card! Love your colouring & layout.
    Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us & Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful card. Cute stamp :)

    Thank you for joining us at IDIC.

    Hugs Gurkiss


    http://gurkiss.com/scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh I love this song! Great pick! Your card is gorgeous! Lovely color combo.

    Thank you for joining our Inspired by Song challenge at Sentimental Sundays . We hope to see you again this week.

    ~Cheryl~

    ReplyDelete
  29. How cute this is, love the stamp and the colours are so pretty. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments and OSAAT. Good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning card Anita, love the colours you have used, so fresh and bright and perfect for a card for a mum to be Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a GORGEOUS card. I love all the detail. Thanks for playing along at IDIC Challenge blog for our latest challenge! . I hope you'll join us again next time.

    ReplyDelete