Friday, December 17, 2010

Happy Birthday

Good morning to all of you.  Yeah...it's finally Friday!  Wow, only one more week until Christmas.  Are you ready...do you have all your shopping done?  Not me, but I figure whatever doesn't get finished in time for Christmas this year will just have to wait until next Christmas LOL!

Anyway, I'm going to be talking about a birthday today.  You see, Kerry, the Queen Ladybug of Ladybug Crafts Ink had her 29th birthday last week.  And you may or may not know it but they also had a MAJOR snowstorm right before her birthday.  So of course my card didn't arrive in time for her birthday.  But she has finally received it so it's safe for me to show.

I often think those with December birthdays probably get cheated a little KWIM?  It's so close to Christmas...so are their birthday gifts combined with their Christmas gifts? ... are their birthday gifts wrapped with Christmas wrapping paper?  ... are their birthday cards made with Christmas images?  ...oops, sorry Kerry, but I just had to use this image for your card!



Now, I guess it probably seems strange to use a stamp from another company to make Kerry's birthday card, but I was already sending Kerry some LCI cards for her CHA booth.  Then I remembered that when I applied for Kerry's DT this past summer I had to send pictures of some of my favorite cards.  One of the pictures I sent Kerry was Mavis Builds a Sandcastle.  I found out later that Kerry really liked the Mavis card, so I wanted Kerry to have her very own "Mavis"!



Anyway, I colored Mavis with my copics and prismacolor pencils.  I used red Stickles on the holly berries and Glamour Dust on her dress.  I used some pearls on the flowers and added a ribbon and bow.  I tied the sentiment tag with some embroidery floss.


Here's the inside of the card before I wrote a little note to Kerry.  Well, I just had to finish the inside...nothing but the best for Kerry!  And besides, Mary J's habit of beautifully finishing the inside of her cards is starting to grow on me...which is NOT a good thing.  I am probably the slowest cardmaker in the world.  Honestly, it takes me forever to finish a card.  So the last thing I need is to start decorating the inside of my cards lol!

Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend. 

I'm entering my Kerry's card in these challenges:
Alota Rubber Stamps Challenge 49  -  Bling It On
Craft Your Days Away Challenge 10  -  Punch It Out
Crafty Sentiments Challenge  -  Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew  -  Anything Goes
Creative Cowgirl Challenge 2  -  Anything Goes
Lexi's Creations  -  Glitter and Pearls
Papertake Weekly  -  Christmas Birthdays
Stamps R Us Challenge 11  -  Anything Goes

Stamp:  Stamping Bella - Mavis Wears Holly; PTI - Mixed Messages (sentiment)
Paper:  Fancy Pants, Bazzill
Other:  Copics, Prismacolor pencils, gamsol, Glossy Accents, Red Stickles, Glamour Dust, MS Punches - Doily Lace, branch, and small tag, Joy! Crafts flower diecut, pearls, embroidery floss, ribbon

19 comments:

  1. Oh Anita -Mavis is so cute .. and i am sure Kerry absolutely loved this card .. its got every favourite element and that all important sparkle
    Its full of Gorjossity
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that card is cute! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card,little mavis is so cute and i love how you coloured her,the inside is as gorgeous as the outside
    thanks for joining us at lexi's and good luck
    lalkygirl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is so beautiful, love the image, and that border punch looks amazing in those colours! beautiful, I bet she loved it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute stamps, the colors are beautiful as well as the decorative borders!
    Thanks for playing along at creative cowgirls!
    marianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so sweet Anita, I'll bet Kerry loved it. The insides are well worth the effort as it finishes it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok..I'm saying right here and now that these pictures do not do my card justice!!! I always say your colouring is amazing Anita but seeing it IRL just blew me away. Believe me when I say I studied Mavis intently trying to decide if you really did colour her or she was a die cut lol. She was definitely worth the wait as were all my cards that were delayed by the weather. Thank you Anita...I love it :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww, this is just so sweet, anita! no wonder you were scooped up for the design team after the mavis sandcastle card; your colouring is amazing. and no, you're not the slowest cardmaker in the world! :) my new year's resolution is to finish the insides of my cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh it's Mavis again :) Love her! Gorgeous card Anita, lovely colours and a fab layout too!
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a real sweetie, with fabulous colouring!
    Thanks so much for joining us at the CCC this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't this cute? She looks so adorable in her red and green dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet card. Love the colours you've chosen and your layout is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card, I love the image and your colouring. Thanks for playing along at Lexi's challenge and good look.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOOhhh this is so cute, Thanks for joining us this week at Papertake Weekly.
    Shell (GDT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Anita - uber uber cute! Gorgeous colouring as usual!

    I've been practicing with watercolouring with Distress Inks! I'm using Memento black ink but it's still smudging a bit - what do you use please? Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Anita! I love Stamping Bella too but haven't used them much since I started working with ladybug crafts. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww, she is so sweet! I love the layout and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable! Amazing coloring and design!

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous card, thanks for playing along at Crafty Sentiments and hope you can join us for the blog hop on the 6th

    ReplyDelete