Friday, December 14, 2012

Best Friends

It's finally Friday!  Yay!  This has been a very long and busy week for me and I'm really looking forward to relaxing this weekend.  All my shopping is done and I only have a few more gifts to wrap.  I'm usually finishing up my wrapping on Christmas Eve so I'm way ahead of the game this year.  Of course it didn't hurt that I let dear hubby do lots of the wrapping :-)


So my card today isn't a Christmas card ... I know, can you believe it?  It felt so weird not to be reaching for some Christmas dp lol!  I've had this cute little image for awhile now and I finally decided to get him inky.  This stamp is Worried and you can find it at Funky Kits.  I colored them with copics and colored pencils.  If you follow my blog then you know I have a really hard time choosing embellishments for male cards.  I think I'm always afraid I'm going to make them too 'girly' lol!  So I opted for a few buttons and a diecut in the corner.  A clean and simple look that lets the image be the focus.

Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you have a fabulous day and a wonderful weekend!

Hugs, Anita

I would like to enter my card in these challenges:
Daisy Doodles Creative Challenge 73  -  Anything Goes
Love To Create Challenge 45  -  Anything Goes
Stamp Your Life Challenge 1  -  Anything Goes
Tuesday Alchemy Challenge 44  -  AnythingGoes
Wags n Whiskers Challenge 94  -  Anything Goes

Stamps:  Sugar Nellie - Worried; My Favorite Things - sentiment
Paper:  Echo Park - Birthday Boy; Bazzill
Other:  Copics, Caran d'Ache and Prismacolor pencils, gamsol, Nestabilities, buttons, cording, Whimsy Dies - Corner Dies Set   

20 comments:

  1. How sweet image and lovely card.
    Gorgeous.
    Hugs Tamara
    (good girl-Santa see everything)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card the image is so adorable and the layout is beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Anita, love the adorable image. Your colouring is stunning, his hair looks amazing.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww so sweet!! Anita you have done a great job of this...gorgeous colouring and the blues and yellows really pop :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anita, Isn't it a nice feeling to know all or most of its done now......time to relax your card is beautiful such a lovely image and the colours are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Anita that image is ust adorable.. Love the colours used too and the layout is great

    Have a good weekend

    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable and just love the pretty papers you used. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your choice of embellishments is perfect for a male card! And loving the dark hair on this little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colouring is amazingly showcased in this lovely card Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This definitely has the awww factor. Gorgeous coloring and fun papers...just love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, the hubs wrapped!? That's awesome!

    This is too cute! I totally know what you mean embellishing a boy card. I usually end up plastering stars all over it every time! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anita this is just beautiful, your coloring on this amazing. Great for a boy card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anita,you are the best colorist I know,you just amaze me, miss you a lot. Love ya, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  14. FANTASTIC card Anita hun, I love your colourwork on this little guy. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is Beautiful thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create Hugs Sandra DT xx
    careyscards.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute, cute! Magnificent coloring-love your shading. Great papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so stunning anita.fantastic bright colours and i love this sugar nellie stamp :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet, perfect card for a little man. I love how you managed to still embellish it yet not make it girly. I have the same trouble with cards for men/boys and can take inspiration from this card. LOVE the papers you used, and that image is so sweet and perfect colored. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Tuesday Alchemy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. such an adorable card and i love your coloring :)
    Thanks so much for joining us for our first challenge on Stamp Your Life, hope to see you for our next challenge in January

    ReplyDelete