Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Whimsy Inspiration

Good morning to all of you.  My blogging buddy and teammate Maria Therese has me hooked on making Christmas tags to attach to my packages this year.  I have made a few with colored images but then decided to make some using Whimsy's sentiments.  These were so easy to make and took very little time.  I think they'll really dress up the packages this year.


I used Christmas SentimentsSeason's Greetings Sentiments, and Warm Winter Wishes Sentiments by Raindrop Echo Designs over at Whimsy Stamps.



After I printed off my digi sentiments I cut them out with Nestabilities.  Using Bazzill cardstock, I cut out the matting to place behind my sentiment and then adhered both of these to a pretty doily.



I cut an even larger Nestabilities circle from Bazzill and adhered it behind the doily.  This made the tag sturdier and this is where I will write the recipient's name.



I punched a whole at the top and added some ribbon so I can tie on the tag.  On the front of the tag, I used a glue pen all around the edges of the sentiments and added Glamour Dust.  Then I decorated them with various punches, flowers, and pearls. 

Thank you so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day!

I would like to enter my tags in this challenge:
2 Sisters Challenge 66  -  Let it Sparkle
Bows and Berries Challenge 14  -  Tags
Bunny Zoe's Challenge 18  -  Christmas with Pearls
Crafts 4 Eternity R 46  -  Embellishment Bingo (snowflakes/bling/doily)
Crafty Ribbons Challenge 6  -  Anything But a Card
Crimbo Crackers Challenge 2  -  Make it Sparkle
Ribbon Carousel Challenge RCC30  -  Holiday Hoopla
Squiggle Stamps Challenge  -  Anything But a Card
Sweet Stamps Challange 42  -  Tags
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge 75  -  Lots of Circles

Stamps:  Raindrop Echo Designs by Whimsy Stamps
Paper:  Bazzill
Other:  Doilies, Nestabiities, Glamour Dust, ribbon, flower, MS leaf punch, MS snowflake punch, MS hollyberry punch, MS peppermint candy punch, pearls

33 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Anita, I am making all my own tags this year and what you have done has given me some lovely ideas. Your work is beautiful. Thank you. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh these look fabulous Anita .. you will have the best dressed presents this year .. i particularly like the snowflake
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so lovely! Great idea to add them to Christmas packaging, they could also be hung in the Christmas trea. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look beautiful, just love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so gorgeous Anita...and I love the pretty doilies too hun...

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sweetie these are gorgeous! Hope you don't mind I copy it a bit..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Wow these are fabulous:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute Anita but since I mostly give gifts to teenage boys I don't think these would be appreciated around here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great project thanks for joining us this week at C4E.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are awesome. brilliant tags, love them all, they put my efforts to shame. Thanks for joining us at squiggles and giggles. hugs heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tags are great!

    I wish I could give more than three mentions for very original and/or beautiful submissions...

    Thanks for participating in Crafty Ribbons "Anything but a card" challenge,

    La Vikinga

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are absolutely gorgeous Anita! Love the doily effect. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anita, so pretty! There are going to be some very pretty presents under Christmas trees! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are all so gorgeous, anita! i looked at them all twice and i can't pick a favourite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful tags and so pretty! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous tags! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  17. love these tags. will definately be making some like these. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous tags, they are all gorgeous.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are gorgeous! I love them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, these are really gorgeous. Such a pretty idea. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are SO cute! LOVE them! Thanks SO MUCH for playing along with this week's Ribbon Carousel Crew Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these tags and they will make your Christmas packages very pretty indeed. Great idea for the circle challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are gorgeous! I think I am inspired to make some too. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love all these sweet little tags!! Thanks so much for playing with Bows and Berries!! Robin

    ReplyDelete