Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Holiday Star Dust

Happy Wedneday to all of you.  I hope you're having a great week so far.  I have a holiday card today.


I was trying to decide which of my adorable stamps to use for my Wedneday post over on the Simply Sassy Blog.  I knew I wanted to do a Christmas card and as I was looking through my stamps, I spotted Star Dust.  It's been a while since I had inked her up and I thought she would be perfect for a holiday card.  I finally bought the Martha Stewart Snowflake Trim punch the other day and used it on my card and added some pearls to the snowflakes.  All my papers are stitched and I've used Glamour Dust on her shoes and the "star dust" she's sprinkling around.  I added a bow and then inked the edges of the glittery stars I purchased a long time ago at Michaels - not sure if the inking shows up very well.  One more Christmas card done and added to my stash!



Thank you for stopping by.

I would like to enter my card in these challenges:
Anything Goes Challenge 53  -  Stitching Real or Faux
Charisma Cardz Challenge 43  -  Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion Challenge 82  -  Bingo (punch, sentiment, bling)
Cupcake Craftroom November Challenge  -  Sweet Christmas
Lollipop Challenge 55  -  Anything Goes
Ooh La La Creations Challenge 92  -  Stitching (faux or real)
Papertake Weekly Challenge  -  Anything Goes (plus a bit of bling)
Sweet Stampin Challenge  -  Anything Goes

Stamp:  Sugar Nellie Simply Sassy - Star Dust (available at Funky Kits); PTI - sentiment
Paper:  BoBunny - Winter Joy; Bazzill
Other:  Copics, Caran d'Ache and Prismacolor pencils, gamsol, Glamour Dust, MS snowflake trim punch, ribbon, pearls, Glamour dust Ultrafine Glitter Paint, Michael's glittery stars

30 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful Anita, I love the sparkle :)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so beautiful. You used my two favorite colors (aqua blue and purple) and that trim you punched looks great! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Anita. I love those colors, need to find some for Christmas cards and the sprinkle of stardust is lovely. And I would say the MS punch was a great purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Anita! I love the colour combo you have used!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Anita, love the gorgeous image and colours.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful, Anita. I love this colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is truly stunning Anita what wonderful colours and such a gorgeous image! Hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just absolutely gorgeous:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely colour combo, fab card. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply stunning! Your coloring, the glitter, the perfect bow are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning! Love the color combo and those glammed up distressed stars are the perfect touch!! Beautiful design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable, gorgeous card Anita.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful Anita! Love the sparkling dust you added! gorgeous blues too - love those sparkly stars too! this is just fantastic!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card thank you for showing us at sweet stampin this week. good luck, Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty, gorgeous colours, love those stars, Karenxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anita, oohh just gorgeous, Love the star on top of the bow. Wonderful colour scheme. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely colour combo and beautifully coloured image.
    Thanks for joining Papertake Weekly.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card I love the colour scheme and your shading is perfect!

    Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge blog this time. If you are interested I have some blog candy up for grabs Click Here to enter
    Hugs
    Tamara
    Anything goes DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is gorgeous, anita. i LOVE the purple and blue, all the snowflakes and stars and of course the glitter and bow.

    ReplyDelete
  20. THis is beautiful - gorgeous image and fabulous colouring :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE the colors you chose for this card!! Thank you for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion Challenges and good luck!!

    ~Jenn~

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG, this is GORGEOUS Anita! Love those colours together and the bling is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Anita! Your card looks fab, I love the image! The stars are lovely, as is the snowflake border! Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is adorable - just lovely. Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Craft Your Passion Challenges. Hope to see more from you again soon!
    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card, love the colours and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes.
    Hugs Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awww, what a little sweetie. Thanks for playing along with us at OLL this time. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  27. cute , sweet, great :-))) thanks so much for playing with lollipopcrafts - hugs Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG I love this card Anita!! The image is so sweet and love the sparkle. The colours are gorgeous! If you want it to go to a new home my address is....!! Hope all is well with you Anita. P x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oops, sorry, meant to say thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craftroom this month! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  30. This could be my favourite card of all time! Everything is perfect - colours, stars, cute image. You couldn't have made it better.

    Happy crafting.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete