Thursday, June 2, 2016

My Favorite Things Guest Designer - Shaker Cards


Hello and welcome to my third and last day as a guest designer on the My Favorite Things Blog.  I’ve enjoyed sharing my MFT projects and I want to thank MFT for inviting me to be a guest.  Today I’m sharing a couple of fun shaker cards.
 
 
 

For my first card I used some pretty paper from the Plaid Patterns Paper Pack.  I diecut a window in the plaid paper using the Die-namics Peek-a-Boo Circle Windows.  I stamped the sentiment with Licorice Black Hybrid Ink and cut out the sentiment with the Die-namics Fishtail Flags Layers STAX.  I used the Die-namics Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frames to cut a white frame and adhered the sentiment  and frame on top of the plaid paper.   I glued a piece of acetate behind the window opening.  I cut a piece of foam the size of my card front and used the Die-namics Stitched Circle STAX to cut a window opening in the foam.  I adhered the foam to my card base and added some Pretty Pink Posh Summer Mix Sequins in the window opening.  Then I adhered the plaid paper onto the foam, creating the shaker window.

I used Black Licorice Hybrid Ink  to stamp a sweet elephant and two balloons from the BB Adorable Elephants stamp set.  I colored them with copics and then diecut them with the Die-namics BB Adorable Elephants.  I used a black glaze pen on the elephant eyes and then added some white highlight dots to the balloons.  I adhered the balloons and elephants to finish the card.
 
 


 
For my second card, I used the cute squirrel and acorns from the Forest Friends stamp set.  I decided to use acorns (instead of sequins) to make this shaker card.
 
I stamped the squirrel and lots of acorns using the Black Licorice Hybrid Ink and colored everything with copics.  I diecut them using the Die-namics Forest Friends.  I stamped the sentiment and diecut it using the Die-namics Sentiment Strips.  I used the Die-namics Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX to cut paper from the Homespun Gingham Paper Pack.  I used the Die-namics Peek-a-Boo Wonky Windows to cut a white cardstock frame, the acetate window, and a piece of foam.  I adhered the foam to the card front, added the acorn “shakers” and then adhered both the acetate and white window frame.  I used foam dots to adhere the squirrel and sentiment strip to the card.  Then I used a black glaze pen on the squirrel’s eye and nose to finish my card.
 
Thank you so much for stopping by!
 
Hugs, Anita
 

2 comments:

  1. What sweet cards, Anita! I love the combination of all the dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such FUN cards! I love them both! Adorable images and perfect coloring! XX

    ReplyDelete